A Special Blend

Musings of a young, artistic homeowner.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Baltimore, Maryland, United States

I thought about a PhD in Literature, French or Latin. Almost enrolled in Georgetown's MBA program. Toyed with the idea of studying graphic design. But instead I've been working on a home grown MBA and self-tutored digital illustration. I absolutely love my job in the coffee/service industry, and could hardly ask for a happier life, here fixing up my house, fiddling on my computer, smiling at my customers...Life is good. (Next stop: small business of my own?)

Monday, February 06, 2006

Look! Look!

Look at my new gate (and the fence in the works)...okay, OUR new gate...and even more fair would be to say: Mark's new gate. But I love, it I love it, I love it, so I can't help but cling on to it and say "Mine!" :)
















Doesn't it look perfect? Oh, I love it! For those of you who already have fenced in backyards (and always have had one) can you at least imagine what it must be like to have an open backyard (open to the alley!) and how truly wonderful this long-awaited fencing-in is?

















The master craftsman himself:
















If you're wondering why there is a random diagonal two-by-four and some superfluous hinges, you have stumbled across something interesting:

When we decided to build the fence, we contacted the owner of our neighbors' home. She said she was delighted to have a fence, but that when she tried in the past, the contractor explained to her that she would never be able to move large appliances in or out of her house if there was a fence--the fence would have to be removed for that sort of transport. Mark and I, determined to have the fence, came up with a new plan: one section of the fence would essentially be a gigantic gate. Appliance transporters will have to come into our backyard (because our entry gate is much wider with the angle there) and then go through the fence/gate. It should look just like the rest of the fence once we add the fence boards to it.
Cool, huh?

3 Comments:

Blogger Sarah said...

that is so cool!!! i want one.

6/2/06 2:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is beautiful.

6/2/06 10:18 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

MOST AWESOME

9/2/06 6:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home