A Special Blend

Musings of a young, artistic homeowner.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Baltimore, Maryland, United States

I thought about a PhD in Literature, French or Latin. Almost enrolled in Georgetown's MBA program. Toyed with the idea of studying graphic design. But instead I've been working on a home grown MBA and self-tutored digital illustration. I absolutely love my job in the coffee/service industry, and could hardly ask for a happier life, here fixing up my house, fiddling on my computer, smiling at my customers...Life is good. (Next stop: small business of my own?)

Monday, January 30, 2006

A Study: The Workshop

Just about a week or so after I took these pictures, someone broke into our basement and stole a bunch of Mark's tools. Luckily, they did not head upstairs into the main house. And luckily, (it appears) the theif was scared off mid-burglary...leaving behind piles of the more expensive tools it seemed he had gathered to take with him, and even leaving behind of couple of his own things: a hard hat and some muddy work boot/galloshes. We filed a police report and the crime lab came by to collect the burglar's things. That was over a week ago, and we still haven't heard anything. The guy apparently came back to slice open our trash and look through it (I imagine to collect the things he had left behind). It would also appear that he snagged our snow shovel. It looked like he had been planning on taking it the first time, but we didn't bother to put it inside afterwards and so...I guess we kind of deserved that one.

Anyway, Mark is working feverishly to erect a fence and locked gate to our backyard. I'm helping, too.

The following images are posted in memory of those burgled tools (no, these were not the tools stolen--although he did take some clamps--but the memorial still makes its point, yeah?):


















































































5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

mmmmmmm Mark is a huge guy man. There's got to be a spot for everything!

30/1/06 5:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So sad! I bowed my head, too.

30/1/06 6:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What organization oh my goodness!!
Ah, was that a slight shot of a surveillance camera up in the corner, to catch that nasty thief the next time he pokes his head in your space????

31/1/06 4:25 AM  
Blogger Wray Davis said...

I hope they catch the guy! Since he came with galoshes and hardhats, could it be one of the guys who fixed the flooding problem before.

31/1/06 7:54 AM  
Blogger anne said...

Brian! I didn't know you read these. Yay! Do you have a blog?

Bryan, actually, we think it might be a guy from the near by construction site on campus, wandering through the alley (and into open backyards) on his way home from work. Still, you'd think they'd have found him by now.

31/1/06 3:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home