A Special Blend

Musings of a young, artistic homeowner.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Baltimore, Maryland, United States

I thought about a PhD in Literature, French or Latin. Almost enrolled in Georgetown's MBA program. Toyed with the idea of studying graphic design. But instead I've been working on a home grown MBA and self-tutored digital illustration. I absolutely love my job in the coffee/service industry, and could hardly ask for a happier life, here fixing up my house, fiddling on my computer, smiling at my customers...Life is good. (Next stop: small business of my own?)

Thursday, February 02, 2006

Salvaged Sketches

When our basement flooded, Mark was able to move most of our stored items out of harms way. Unfortunately, a box was overlooked, and even more unfortunate: it was the box holding all of my painting and sketch books. The paintings were all fine, though mildly discolored.

The sketch books were pretty soggy. Luckily they were not mucky--their cardboard box/shell saved them from that doom.

I spent sometime this last weekend peeling the sketches apart and laying them out to dry. It was fun to see them all again. (And I felt a little like I was in "Titanic," with my art being discovered and salavaged.) :)


















































These are some of my favorites:





















This set is from a college art class when we had a live model:





















I don't really know what this is from. Just a random thought from my mind, I suppose:





















Here I was visually expressing my experience of Jean Paul Sarte's "The Room." I did one of the "The Wall," too, but it's not pictured here.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for drawing close on Mark in that one of him in the chair! I know he's usually butt naked! ohh foo

10/2/06 11:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home