A Special Blend

Musings of a young, artistic homeowner.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Baltimore, Maryland, United States

I thought about a PhD in Literature, French or Latin. Almost enrolled in Georgetown's MBA program. Toyed with the idea of studying graphic design. But instead I've been working on a home grown MBA and self-tutored digital illustration. I absolutely love my job in the coffee/service industry, and could hardly ask for a happier life, here fixing up my house, fiddling on my computer, smiling at my customers...Life is good. (Next stop: small business of my own?)

Saturday, February 11, 2006

Snow and Cool Tricks

Here's that same snow storm, several hours later. Still going...
































The super cool thing is that these were both night pictures that come out looking like this:
















A littl Photoshop magic, and...voila! I'm too cool for school! :)
So, if you have any dark pictures that you were really hoping would turn out...well, I might be able to save them for you. But please don't send me any weird surprises :)

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do you know if I would be able to do that with Photoshop elements, or would I need the big version of Photoshop to be able to do that?

That is quite impressive.

12/2/06 9:15 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

i agree!

12/2/06 12:06 PM  
Blogger anne said...

I'm not sure what Photoshop Elements includes. But all you need is to create a Solid Color Fill Layer over your dark picture. Then, depending on the picture elements and the contrast of the original colors, you'll want a White or Gray fill, and you'll want to change the layer from "Normal" to either Soft Light or Hard Light or (as in this case) Vivid Light. Just play around with it. Also, you might try some colors, like Red or Blue, change them into a Screen and maybe reduce the opacity/transparency.

12/2/06 4:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home