A Special Blend

Musings of a young, artistic homeowner.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Baltimore, Maryland, United States

I thought about a PhD in Literature, French or Latin. Almost enrolled in Georgetown's MBA program. Toyed with the idea of studying graphic design. But instead I've been working on a home grown MBA and self-tutored digital illustration. I absolutely love my job in the coffee/service industry, and could hardly ask for a happier life, here fixing up my house, fiddling on my computer, smiling at my customers...Life is good. (Next stop: small business of my own?)

Sunday, September 10, 2006

Anniversary

Mark and I just celebrated our 8th year together.

We spent the weekend in DC where we are very much in love with the cafe culture.
Unfortunately, we didn't take any pictures. But we did enjoy a delicious dinner at Mezza Luna--a tapas restaurant--on Friday night. Then we went to some random bar next to the restaurant and it turned out to be a fantastic little place where we sipped excellent beverages (Cosmo for me) and people watched out the second story window.

On Saturday, we walked down to Dupont circle for some iced coffee and (new to me) an Iced Green Tea Latte (very interesting, and, I think, good) at Starbucks. We sat outside in the sun and discussed business politics for a long time. It was so nice to just talk and sit out side. (Cafe culture!). We rode the metro around a bit, shopped for quite a while, ate a very impressive lunch at Panera Bread (try their new pizzas after 4:00pm--Wow!), and finished up the night at some clubs up on U-street.

We had to head back early to work at the farmer's market this morning, but we still had a really great time.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

yahoo and congratulations

11/9/06 5:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations on 8 years. That means I've known you for 8 years. Crazy. And yes the Iced Green Tea Latte is good. I hate that I know that but there is a Starbucks literally across the street from our apartment building. I fought it for a few months but it is right there!

11/9/06 4:13 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

congratulations!

11/9/06 9:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home