A Special Blend

Musings of a young, artistic homeowner.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Baltimore, Maryland, United States

I thought about a PhD in Literature, French or Latin. Almost enrolled in Georgetown's MBA program. Toyed with the idea of studying graphic design. But instead I've been working on a home grown MBA and self-tutored digital illustration. I absolutely love my job in the coffee/service industry, and could hardly ask for a happier life, here fixing up my house, fiddling on my computer, smiling at my customers...Life is good. (Next stop: small business of my own?)

Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Anyone Know What This Is?

I think I keep having these in my house.

They keep showing up in my bedroom. One was in the livingroom, but I think it followed me up to my room. I'm pretty sure that one died.
A few weeks ago another one popped up, and disappeared.
Now one is back again--showed up in my room, and followed me to the bathroom.

It definitely likes light and open windows...hangs out on the window screens whenever possible.

It kind of flies like a wasp.
But it's faster and seems like it targets you if you get too close.
When he's landed, he looks a lot like a little cricket or something.

I don't like him! Do you think he will bite or sting? Doesn't seem like there's any end part to him at all, so maybe the stinger is not a problem...
Also, mine looks like he only has the two back sets of legs.
You can barley see the "feelers" in this pic, but mine have them very prominently (very waspish/cricketish?).

The bugguide doesn't have much. I'm not buying the bit about an "aphid."
Anyone?

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

this is important too...because all bugs are out to get anne.

19/7/06 5:18 PM  
Blogger phdendron said...

That is a wierd one - I've never seen anything like it. I have to say it is pretty ugly, but I don't think it will bite or sting

19/7/06 10:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't know what it is, either. It does look rather unsettling. It doesn't look like it has a stinger from the photo, but I don't think I would buy that it is "some sort of aphid" either!

20/7/06 6:20 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

it must run in the family, because i know for a fact that every potentially harmful bug within a one mile radius of me, is in fact gunning for me and me alone.

20/7/06 8:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not my favorite bug, in fact I might be tempted to seriously dissuade it from life in my part of the woods. No biting????
Looks a wee bit crickety

21/7/06 3:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home