A Special Blend

Musings of a young, artistic homeowner.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Baltimore, Maryland, United States

I thought about a PhD in Literature, French or Latin. Almost enrolled in Georgetown's MBA program. Toyed with the idea of studying graphic design. But instead I've been working on a home grown MBA and self-tutored digital illustration. I absolutely love my job in the coffee/service industry, and could hardly ask for a happier life, here fixing up my house, fiddling on my computer, smiling at my customers...Life is good. (Next stop: small business of my own?)

Saturday, July 15, 2006

Santa Barbara: Lake Cachuma

As Chelsea commented on my last post, I am a bit tardy in completing my Santa Barbara pics posts. Things have been a bit crazy in the last week or so. But I'm back in action, now!

Mark and I spent a wonderful 5 days in Santa Barbara, visiting in honor of Lee & Chelsea's wedding. On Saturday, we rented a patio-boat with our friends on Lake Cachuma for an entire day.

It was beautiful!































I captained a bit.































Mark captained a bit. And here is Lee, the groom.
















Jessica, joined us for the weekend, home from Berkley.














































Lisa snapping expert photos of the groom to be.
















Chelsea's siter and Brian--my god, Brian, look how sexy you are even when you're not putting your socks on!
















It took the boys a while, but they finally figured out (between the 4 of them) how to light the little BBQ.





















And the food was good! (I actually DO like burnt hot dogs)
















Matt and Katie, home for the weekend from Boston, brought guacamole, tri-tip and mojitos! Man, they had us spoiled.
















Kit and Lisa enjoy the front bow of the patio boat. Later we learn from the helpful lake patrol officer that this is illegal (since the boat was moving). Oops.































Chelsea, the lovely bride.
















Yoooou!!!!?
















And, finally, Lee captained a bit.










































































































All in all, it was an excellent day.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

ohhhh that does look like sooo much fun. it would have been hard to come home

15/7/06 6:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think I need a tighter belt.

15/7/06 9:39 PM  
Blogger Wray Davis said...

Great pictures again, Anne!

16/7/06 6:53 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

i don't think i've been on a boat at a lake like that since jr high. that looks like a lot of fun. i want to do that.

16/7/06 8:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ahh, santa barbara... [tears well up] there was also a wedding in there somewhere.

but baltimore has it's advantages too: it's currently 90 degress and feels like one is draped in plastic-wrap.

19/7/06 5:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That was a great day. Such a good idea. I'm glad you guys got us away from wedding prep for a while, it was much needed and beautiful.

11/9/06 5:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home