A Special Blend

Musings of a young, artistic homeowner.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Baltimore, Maryland, United States

I thought about a PhD in Literature, French or Latin. Almost enrolled in Georgetown's MBA program. Toyed with the idea of studying graphic design. But instead I've been working on a home grown MBA and self-tutored digital illustration. I absolutely love my job in the coffee/service industry, and could hardly ask for a happier life, here fixing up my house, fiddling on my computer, smiling at my customers...Life is good. (Next stop: small business of my own?)

Thursday, November 23, 2006

Building a Garden Wall

Mark is building a little wall in the backyard so we can have a raised garden area.
It's going to be a short brick wall, but first he had to make a concrete "footing" on which to build the brick wall. He dug a trench, laid down sand, and plotted the position of the rebar.




















































































He worked late into the night one day, finally pouring and levelling the concrete.































Below, Mark in concrete-laying nativity scene.
















"We" learned that concrete-layers should wear gloves and knee-pads in the future. (I say "we" because I called it on the knee-pads.) Mark's poor hands are all bruised and cut up and and he has concrete solidified in his cuticles. Ow. His skin got dried out so I've been lending him the most intensive care lotion I have. When he rubs it on his hands he says, "ow." Indeed, next time--gloves. The concrete looks great though. Stay tuned for brick wall.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the nativity scene shot :-). Wood has been using cornhuskers lotion for the cracks in his hands and it has been helping alot

27/11/06 5:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home