A Special Blend

Musings of a young, artistic homeowner.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Baltimore, Maryland, United States

I thought about a PhD in Literature, French or Latin. Almost enrolled in Georgetown's MBA program. Toyed with the idea of studying graphic design. But instead I've been working on a home grown MBA and self-tutored digital illustration. I absolutely love my job in the coffee/service industry, and could hardly ask for a happier life, here fixing up my house, fiddling on my computer, smiling at my customers...Life is good. (Next stop: small business of my own?)

Saturday, April 29, 2006

Self Portrait Tuesday































Instead of posting a picture of anne-as-flag-on-pole, I thought I'd offer a peak at the super cool shoes we wear in pole class. These shoes serve a variety of functions (even though they just look insane)--
1) The high heels not only help you keep your toosh out (very important in pole dancing), they also give you a much more intense workout in the legs.
2) They are generously padded to help keep your feet comfy.
3) (And I believe most important) The plastic parts help you hold onto the pole with your feet so you can climb (and maybe even one day hang from) the pole.

I went to class again last night and discovered that it's $5-Friday! Whoohoo. I'm always going on Friday (normally its $9/class). I learned a couple of new spins last night, but was not able to master them all. That's good though--it keeps me interested in class, and it makes me want to be stronger and more flexible, which then makes me want to exercise! What a great deal.

Speaking of exercise, I think if we can drag our butts out of bed (Mark! :) ), we might get to go on a big hike today.

Self Portrait Tuesday website

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOVE the shoes. That is such an Anne... I am not awake and want to snuggle with my blanket picture... I love it. Did you go on the hike?

1/5/06 12:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Anne, I am just becoming aquainted with the world of blogging and I am having great fun on your site! These awesome pictures of your shoes and your accounts of pole class have inspired me (maybe) to get off my butt and try to get HOT!!

10/5/06 9:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home