A Special Blend

Musings of a young, artistic homeowner.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Baltimore, Maryland, United States

I thought about a PhD in Literature, French or Latin. Almost enrolled in Georgetown's MBA program. Toyed with the idea of studying graphic design. But instead I've been working on a home grown MBA and self-tutored digital illustration. I absolutely love my job in the coffee/service industry, and could hardly ask for a happier life, here fixing up my house, fiddling on my computer, smiling at my customers...Life is good. (Next stop: small business of my own?)

Sunday, April 23, 2006

Visitors

Ed and Bonnie came to visit us last weekend. We had a wonderful, relaxing time: we went to two baseball games (Angels v. Orioles), dined out Saturday night, Mark and his parents surveyed some Hopkins lectures Friday morning, and Saturday-day we had a day in the yard.































Ed helped Mark install an outdoor light over the garage entrance.
















While Bonnie and I carefully supervised.
















And watched the grass grow. Come on grass. You can do it!
















Ed even joined us in grass-watching for a few moments.
















But in the end, he seemed skeptical.




































Finally, I decided I'd better at least LOOK helpful. So I tacked on some protective covers over our fence posts. As the boys wrapped up their job, we learned in fact that it takes only two grown men to screw in a light bulb :) (just kidding)
















The light fixture looks fabulous!
















Finally, we let our guests rest :)
















On Sunday night I cooked a fresh fish dinner for them. I think it turned out pretty well (though definitely not perfect). All in all we had a really great time!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great Pictures Anne! Glad you guys had a great time. Your Yard looks fantastic!!! You guys have made soooo many improvements in such a short period of time. Can't wait to see them in person... soon

24/4/06 8:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I posted a comment but you can't see it unless you go to post a comment... weird

25/4/06 7:08 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

i love those kind of visits where visitors just kind of join whatever it is that you'd normally be doing, but in a much more relaxed way. at least thats what i picture this visit as.

and mom i can see your comments.

25/4/06 10:25 AM  
Blogger sonia a. mascaro said...

Beautiful family!
I like so much your garden!

28/4/06 4:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home