A Special Blend

Musings of a young, artistic homeowner.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Baltimore, Maryland, United States

I thought about a PhD in Literature, French or Latin. Almost enrolled in Georgetown's MBA program. Toyed with the idea of studying graphic design. But instead I've been working on a home grown MBA and self-tutored digital illustration. I absolutely love my job in the coffee/service industry, and could hardly ask for a happier life, here fixing up my house, fiddling on my computer, smiling at my customers...Life is good. (Next stop: small business of my own?)

Saturday, February 23, 2008

We bought a Prius!!!

Mark and I bought a 2008 Prius (hybrid) last Saturday.
I looooooooooooooooove it! Our camera is currently out of commission so I snagged a picture off the internet. This looks exactly like ours except they have suped-up rims and green grass. :)















Why I love our Prius:
1) no more stick shift for 2, 3, 4, 5, and sometimes 6 hour driving days
2) Smart-Key--I don't have to take my key out of my purse to do anything (not to open the car, start the car, or lock it)...this is wonderful, since I am usually a mess of bags on my way to and from work.
3) Navigation system!!!
4) Hands-free bluetooth phone
5) Voice command activation for navigation and phone
6) 4-doors with enough room to actually comfortably seat 4
7) Steering-wheel buttons--everything I need to adjust (phone, air, audio) is right there at my finger tips
8) Audio jack, so I can plug my iPod right into the audio system (instead of dealing with the static of an FM transmitter)
9) JBL speaker system
10) 45 miles to the gallon!!!!!!

AND...I'm also feeling pretty cool because I totally negotiated the price I wanted and better. Mark said he was pretty impressed with me :)

6 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Hooray! Very cool!

23/2/08 2:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Supercongratulations!

23/2/08 4:36 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

very cool anne! if we didn't need the extra space, i'd totally want one of those.

23/2/08 7:25 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

YIPEE!!! Can't wait to see it in person :-)

25/2/08 8:06 AM  
Blogger phdendron said...

Congratulations!
May it serve you well.

25/2/08 12:26 PM  
Blogger Joanne said...

Just be careful, my sister in law lost her key in the mall! They are expensive to replace :) love your old awana director :)

29/2/08 10:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home