A Special Blend

Musings of a young, artistic homeowner.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Baltimore, Maryland, United States

I thought about a PhD in Literature, French or Latin. Almost enrolled in Georgetown's MBA program. Toyed with the idea of studying graphic design. But instead I've been working on a home grown MBA and self-tutored digital illustration. I absolutely love my job in the coffee/service industry, and could hardly ask for a happier life, here fixing up my house, fiddling on my computer, smiling at my customers...Life is good. (Next stop: small business of my own?)

Saturday, March 19, 2005

Reminiscing my trip to Europe in 2002

The following are some thoughts and pictures from my trip a few years ago:

Flying Across the Atlantic (nearing the end of a red-eye)...

My own secret blue--
but I'll share it with you, dear.
My blue streaks thin across the sky
just skimming the cloud blanket,
low-lying beneath the stars
(not quite his turn yet, he knows).
Slowly, gently, patiently
my blue grows longer,
grows lighter,
grows higher,
giving way to tell-tale pinks and orange.
And as the stars give way
my blue lingers, secretly,
for a moment,
then creeps on
letting in the new day.

1 Comments:

Blogger inez said...

Hi anne,
thanks to visit my blog.. all that pictures is taken by my brother in law and the location is in my mother's home land (Bedegung). I found here in your blog that you enjoy to travelling around the world and write a phome. maybe one day you like visit Bedegung and write it down to your lovely phoem :)

20/3/05 11:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home