A Special Blend

Musings of a young, artistic homeowner.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Baltimore, Maryland, United States

I thought about a PhD in Literature, French or Latin. Almost enrolled in Georgetown's MBA program. Toyed with the idea of studying graphic design. But instead I've been working on a home grown MBA and self-tutored digital illustration. I absolutely love my job in the coffee/service industry, and could hardly ask for a happier life, here fixing up my house, fiddling on my computer, smiling at my customers...Life is good. (Next stop: small business of my own?)

Sunday, March 13, 2005

Frusterated with Posting Pictures

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong, but I used to be able to post pictures via Hello, and then edit them to be in the chronological order of my choosing. But now, once I post a picture, if I go to edit the post, the picture image disappears. Why? Does anyone know?

As a result, my postings are essentially backwards. Therefore, I suggest you scroll down to the beginning of the salsa posts and work your way up.

5 Comments:

Blogger Wray Davis said...

It looks like you got further than me... I have to post a bunch of pictures singly, then I go back and copy out the contents of each post, work them into a single post in the order that I need, and then go back and delete the original posts..

I'm sure there's a better way of doing it than that.

13/3/05 7:56 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

yeah, same here (sorta) i either plan out the pictures i want to put in and then do it backward (so they come up in chronilogical order) or just make you guys figure it out and post them backwards.

where were you able to edit their order? and how do you get more than one picture in a post?

14/3/05 8:44 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

oops - chronological.

14/3/05 8:45 PM  
Blogger anne said...

I used to edit their order by going into the post and changing the times around. A post always holds it's original time (it does not change each time you update it) unless you change it.
So, for instance, Bryan's comment was posted at 7:56 and Sarah's was posted at 8:44. If these were my posts, and I wanted to rearrange them, I could alter Bryan's post time to 8:45pm or Sarah's to 7:55.
See?

Except, now, when I pull up the post to edit it, I loose the link to the picture I posted. My pictures only show up so long as they are from an original post.

15/3/05 3:12 PM  
Blogger Wray Davis said...

Hmm... that's odd.. as long as you aren't breaking the html in the original posts, you shouldn't have any problems with the pictures if you just change the date/time stamp in the post.

That's how I order stuff on my Coera blog, too...

18/3/05 2:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home