A Special Blend

Musings of a young, artistic homeowner.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Baltimore, Maryland, United States

I thought about a PhD in Literature, French or Latin. Almost enrolled in Georgetown's MBA program. Toyed with the idea of studying graphic design. But instead I've been working on a home grown MBA and self-tutored digital illustration. I absolutely love my job in the coffee/service industry, and could hardly ask for a happier life, here fixing up my house, fiddling on my computer, smiling at my customers...Life is good. (Next stop: small business of my own?)

Sunday, June 05, 2005

Artwork laying around


This is a copy of a painting I did in watercolor a couple of years ago. The original is there in the background. Artist unknown--there is a scrawl in the upper righthand corner that looks like it might say "Lambert." I found it in an old estate-acquisition re-sale warehouse...in other words, the last owner or maybe the painter themself has likely passed on.

(By the way, I am joining a widespread effort of modern writers in installing "they" as the accepted form of the third person singular for persons of unknown identity/gender. It is already the most common spoken form: "My friend (of unmentioned gender) is coming over." "Did they say when?" Well, the most common form spoken by those who don't cop out with an automatic "he." Anyway, no more of this "he/she" and "him/her," or my personal worst: "himself/herself"...and that is why you see above the until-now non-existent word: "themself.")
Posted by Hello

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOVE the painting

6/6/05 5:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello, Anne! This is Lana Schroyer from Valley. I came to your blog from your sister Sarah's, who I'm friends with. It was neat to read about what you're up to. You are the second person I know in Baltimore. I have a good friend who works for the Baltimore Opera there. I am still here in L.A. doing a lot of theatre acting and other stuff. You can visit my website: www.lanajoy.net
Hope you're well.

-Lana
lana@lanajoy.net

11/6/05 7:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home