A Special Blend

Musings of a young, artistic homeowner.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Baltimore, Maryland, United States

I thought about a PhD in Literature, French or Latin. Almost enrolled in Georgetown's MBA program. Toyed with the idea of studying graphic design. But instead I've been working on a home grown MBA and self-tutored digital illustration. I absolutely love my job in the coffee/service industry, and could hardly ask for a happier life, here fixing up my house, fiddling on my computer, smiling at my customers...Life is good. (Next stop: small business of my own?)

Saturday, April 30, 2005

At Ground Level (or From the Basement Window)

At ground level
Relish the view.
The concrete tiles spread horizontal
From the eye—a dusty red mosaic.
The giant prickly burrs,
Fallen from the trees under the weight of the spring rain,
Are boulders
Growing smaller in the distance near the curb.
Bright green inflorescence lay as soggy fallen trees.
A passerby stretches awkwardly upward
From the flat soles of his shoes
Inattentive to these beetle-sized delights.

1 Comments:

Blogger phdendron said...

No picture?

30/4/05 1:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home